Wednesday 4 March 2009

THE JAMES HOPE PROJECT New Signing


We are pleased to announce we have a new artist on board.

THE JAMES HOPE PROJECT

The James Hope Project consists of the english poet and spoken word artist James Hope and his musical partner in crime Per Kincaid. Here is the story behind the project in James's own words: "I was born and raised in Bristol, England. Raised on jazz, funk, ska, reggae, punk. Real music with real energy. My father died when I was 13, I remember the pleasure of listening to music with him, music still takes me to that special place. I have been through addictions and relationships, they all go, it's a part of life. The only thing that remains true to me is music. No matter what happens no one can take my music away from me. Although I now live in Copenhagen, the Bristol music scene remains influential in my life because it was part of my childhood. I have connections with Massive Attack and Portishead, also with many other Bristol musicians that aren't afraid to make a difference. I love music and am grateful to of worked with all the musicians that I have worked with. Now working with Per excites me and challenges me. I create alot of insane ideas Per is able to de-code and make sense of. London boy Per (Kincaid) studied classical music and jazz at RCM in Bristol and Rytme Kons in Denmark. A truly all-round bass player, producer, arranger. Per has worked with the likes of the Brand New Heavies (Per's brother Jan is the drummer with the 'Heavies'). On top of his writing commitments Per also plays bass and writes for top Danish salsa band Salsa Loca. What makes our project exciting is that Per and I have similar but at times very different musical influences, because of these differences they seem to take each other further".

They Will be releasing a 3 track ep with us.

More news when we know

www.myspace.com/redrobotrecords

No comments: